A Pet's 10 Commandments
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any seperation from you is likely to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when you speak to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you back, but I choose not to.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not feeling well today.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. Remember you too will grow old.
10. On the ultimate difficult journey to the end, go with me please. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so much.